“Top 10 Tips for Urban Survival” was written to inform urban dwellers as well as those who are considering going somewhere unfamiliar that they are in fact, a target for terrorists. Al Qaeda and other international terrorist organizations use the population that is in urban areas as human shields. That is why we have to be more careful. But, that does not mean we should ignore any tactics of securing ourselves and our loved ones. We just need to be sure that the tips are followed to the letter.
1. Be aware of your surroundings. If you know that there are high levels of security in an area you should still proceed with caution. This is because there may be people who want to harm you. The number one tip here would be to make yourself a human shield by wearing clothes that can easily be removed without attracting too much attention.
2. Use as much of your body as possible to hide. If you are being chased by someone, you should make yourself look larger to allow them to see something that might be causing you problems. If you can move your hands and arms and make them appear smaller then you will most likely have a better chance of escaping. Another tip for urban survival is to hide in places that are dark and have no witnesses.
3. Use your voice. If you are in a place where you cannot clearly hear what another person is saying then use your voices to communicate. Do not shout into the microphone as this can scare the person you are talking with and cause them to be harmed. This is why you should use your own voice to communicate.
4. Protect your location. Try to stay hidden from sight until you are properly convinced that you are in a safe city. For this you will need to leave early. If you leave when everyone else is leaving, you are likely to get shot at or harmed. Also, if possible, try to stay in a place that is well lit and does not have a lot of people around.
5. Stay calm. Panic attacks while in survival situations are quite common. Do your best to keep your emotions in check and try to stay calm. This can go a long way to helping you stay safe and get out of trouble.
6. Get as many good friends as you can in your city. Contact other people in the city who may know of a way out of the situation you are in.
There are many other tips that you should be aware of. Using these top ten urban survival tips should help you stay safe in any situation you may find yourself in. These tips are easy to follow and should give you the advantage over many of the people you come in contact with on a daily basis.
Do your best to avoid being a victim in case you do not have immediate help. If you are trapped, call for help immediately. Stay calm, no matter what. In most cases, you will not have much time to be alive.
If you are trying to get out of a building, stay low to the ground and look around. Look for a window that you can break out of, preferably one that has not been damaged. Other options include getting onto a fire escape, stairwell, or elevator. Think carefully about your decision. In some cities, being too desperate and trying to jump out will cause harm to others and themselves.
If you have access to a window, use it. Open a window if it is safe and stable. Otherwise, use a broom handle, coat hanger, or any object that can be hung on a window. Avoid hanging things from nearby windows if possible.
Make sure to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Eat healthy foods. Do not rely on vending machines for food. Do not buy foods from stores you are unfamiliar with. Try to carry items such as bottled water, canned goods, and food items you can cook at home. If you cannot find food at a grocery store, look for grassy areas in the city where you can likely pick some up.