Splendid isolation: survival tips for #workingfromhome doesn’t just refer to working from home. The fact is that this can be your only source of income. And you should aim to make it as lucrative as possible. That means generating high profits and minimizing your fixed costs at the same time. Here are some simple steps you can follow to ensure that your work at home endeavor is a cash machine that runs for as long as you want it to.
– Setting aside a portion of your income for investments. If you have some money stashed away in savings or checking, now would be the time to invest in stocks, bonds or mutual funds. If you don’t have any savings, at least put as much as 10% of your annual salary as a deposit in a high-risk account. This way, if the market rises, you will have more cash in hand to plow into your investments.
– Make sure to set aside some time each day to do the kinds of work you enjoy. If you’re into freelance writing, spend some time on the blog. If you’re into web design, create a website or a WordPress blog. If you are into affiliate marketing, start earning through your site’s products or services. Whatever you choose to do, you need to do some work. So, set aside some time each day to do what you love.
– If you are serious about making money from home, you may need some extra skills. For example, you can become an assistant to an interior designer. You can become an insurance broker. A real estate agent is also a possibility if you prefer to work in a more conventional setting. There are a lot of other opportunities that you can explore, depending on your interests and capabilities. The point is that you need to find a work that fits you best, and this is where splendid isolation can come in handy.
– Be resourceful. If you have the desire and the ability to do something, do it. Even if it is something as simple as selling ebooks, it can be a very lucrative career move if you have the right skills. The trick is knowing which resources to tap in.
– The Internet is an excellent source of information. Read at least two or three books on the topic of how to make money from home. Read about the different options available to you, such as affiliate marketing and SEO. The Internet is the best source of information for all of the things that you might need to know about your potential work from home job.
– Another thing that you can do to earn a living from home is to sign up for a freelance writing gig at a local newspaper. There are always openings there for freelance writers. All that you need to do is simply sign up and send in your sample pieces for publication. You will discover that this can be very easy and rewarding for you. Splendid isolation would not be complete without this little tip.
– Your mind is your most powerful tool. You can really make splendid isolation work for you, but you can also fail miserably if you let it. This means that you should constantly try to think outside of the box. Thinking creatively can be hard at times, but you can find a way to do this. For example, if you write blog posts, you can disguise them as articles so that they appear to be something that you actually wrote for the original client, so that they feel like you actually know what you are talking about.