Snow is a versatile drink that has been around for thousands of years. For the uninitiated, it can seem intimidating to make a cocktail with snow and ice cubes in an untamed wilderness. We’ve put together an illustrated guide explaining how you can blend your own signature drinks in minutes without any need for power or technology!
The “cocktail generator” is a web-app that allows users to create their own cocktails with snow. The app gives step by step instructions on how to make the cocktail, as well as pictures of the finished product.
Warm drinks spring to mind for an evening drink throughout the cooler months. But there’s another way to make those winter drinks more interesting: snow. That’s correct, instead of ice, you use the fluffy white material to make a unique slushy drink.
This ingredient isn’t just a fancy gimmick, though; bartenders around the nation have begun to use the unique qualities of snow to make distinctive and tasty beverages for their customers.
Simply make your favorite cocktail, such as a Manhattan or a martini, and pour it over a snowy glass. You’ll wow your visitors while also enjoying a delectable variation on your favorite cocktails.
Try the following recipe to make your drink more wintery:
- Winter Jack, 1 ounce
- 1oz Gentleman Jack whiskey is a kind of bourbon
- 2 oz. ginger ale
- Apple slices as a finishing touch
In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine the Winter Jack and whiskey, mix well, and strain into your glass over the snow. Enjoy with a ginger beer and an apple slice on top!
- Scoop up some fluffy, fresh snow and put it in your cooler or freezer.
- The glasses you’ll be using for your drinks should be chilled. This guarantees that the snow remains mushy for as long as possible.
- Fill your cold glass with a generous helping of snow.
- If necessary, shake or whisk your components before gently pouring your drink over the snow.
- To make a slushy drink, combine the cocktail with the snow.
- With a tiny spoon, serve and enjoy!
Do you like the illustrations in this guide? Then our book The Illustrated Art of Manliness is for you! Get a copy from Amazon.
Ted Slampyak created the illustration.
Watch This Video-
- easy cocktail recipes
- most popular mixed drinks
- best spring cocktails