You’re driving down a mountain when you spot a large, black creature. It’s not just any bear; it’s a mountain lion! You can’t outrun this powerful animal and chances are he’ll attack if you try to drive away. What do you do?
If you are unfortunate enough to encounter a mountain lion, there are three things that can help you survive. The first is to remain calm and not run away. The second is to make yourself look bigger by waving your arms and shouting. The third is to use anything around as a weapon, such as rocks or sticks.
Any hiker or outdoorsman enjoys seeing enormous predators in the wild, but coming face to face with a 220-pound cat may transform a stroll in the woods into a struggle for survival. Mountain lions, also known as cougars in certain regions of the nation, attack when cornered or when they feel you’re a decent piece of prey. A cool response is the key to avoiding a tragic encounter on the route.
- Avoid the temptation to flee, since this may elicit an attack from a mountain lion.
- Make yourself seem as big as you can. To gain weight, use clothes, equipment, and movement.
- Make a lot of commotion. Mountain lions may be intimidated using emergency whistles, radios, or simply cries.
- Make and keep eye contact to help identify yourself from prey.
- Slowly increase your distance from the mountain lion.
- If you’re assaulted, fight back. To protect yourself, use whatever you have on hand as a weapon.
Do you like the illustrations in this guide? Then our book The Illustrated Art of Manliness is for you! Get a copy from Amazon.
Ted Slampyak created the artwork.
Previous Previous post:
Watch This Video-
The “what to do if you encounter a mountain lion with your dog” is a question that many people have. There are some steps that one can take to avoid the situation and make it out alive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you survive a mountain lion attack?
A: I do not know if a mountain lion will attack you, but if it does, here are some tips on how to survive.
-Run away from the mountain lion so that it cannot chase and catch up to you. Make sure there is plenty of space between yourself and the cat before running in case it swerves toward your direction.
-It is best to be carrying something heavy like an axe or hammer because they can break off tree branches as well as injure themselves with their own claws while pursuing you across these obstacles. Be careful though because when a cat has cornered its prey, then things could get very dangerous for both parties involved! As soon as this happens, hit the ground HARD (try rolling into snow) in order to scare them off without losing too much blood or getting mauled by claws
How do you stop a mountain lion attack?
A: In order to avoid a mountain lion attack, you should not run into the wild. Instead, make your way back to an enclosed area such as a car or home and call for help from there. If this is not possible then use any sharp objects that are nearby such as rocks.
- what are mountain lions scared of
- do whistles scare mountain lions
- how to keep mountain lions away while hiking
- mountain lion attack 2021
- mountain lion attacks california 2020