The act of shaking hands has been a tradition in different cultures for centuries. However, it is often not clear how to shake hands and which hand should be offered first or what the appropriate length and pressure should feel like. If you’re ever unsure about whether you have shaken someone’s hand correctly, this guide will help!
The “art of manliness how to” is a survival guide that will teach you everything you need to know about shaking hands.
Ted Slampyak created the illustration.
I’ve been wanting to add a more visual aspect to the Art of Manliness, but I’m completely lacking in creative ability. But, fortunately for us, Ted Slampyak, a past So You Want My Job candidate, does. Ted is a gifted artist located in Albuquerque, New Mexico (Go Isotopes!). Ted drew the Little Orphan Annie comic strip until last year, and he’s done other outstanding webcomics including Jazz Age.
Ted will sometimes send us wonderful, manly-looking graphic manuals that will both educate and delight us. We’re also collaborating with him on a bi-weekly comics that we hope AoM viewers will like.
Please join me in wishing Ted Slampyak a warm AoM welcome! We hope you appreciate this new visual addition to the Art of Manliness.
How to Handshake Like a Man
– Move closer to the person’s line of sight.
– Smile and look the individual in the eyes.
– There will be no “limp fish.”
– There is no “Death grip”
– Maintain a firm hold.
– Add a “Web” touch
Do you like the illustrations in this guide? Then our book The Illustrated Art of Manliness is for you! Get a copy from Amazon.
Watch This Video-
The “art of manliness grooming” is a guide that teaches men how to properly shake hands. It also includes information on how to make your handshake more effective, and what not to do when you are meeting someone for the first time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the 5 tips for a perfect handshake?
A: These are the five tips for an ideal handshake.
1) Make eye contact and take a moment to meet each others gaze
2) Extend your hand with both palms facing up and shake gently, being careful not to squeeze too tightly or wrinkle their clothes
3) Use quick movements by shaking once in one direction then once in another so that theyre always moving side to side as you greet them; this will also help prevent any awkward moments leading into potential misunderstandings during conversation
4) Avoid prolonged cheek touching because it can lead to discomfort of either party involved 5) Place your left palm over top of theirs while shaking hands outwards
How do you properly do a handshake?
A: Shake hands with your right hand while the left is on top. Then, bring the bottom of your left hand over to make a fist and then outstretch it in front of you by pushing up into an imaginary ceiling that you have created above yourself.
How do you read a hand shake?
A: I shake your hand.
- art of manliness handkerchief
- art of manliness style
- art of manliness skills
- art of manliness 30 days
- art of manliness drain