Nomads are people who make their living outdoors, travelling from one location to another, venturing into the wild and back again. This lifestyle requires that you know your way around a variety of environments, have good communication skills, know how to handle your own weight, know how to cook food in various ways and are able to improvise and adapt. Camping is one way you can survive such an adventure in the wild. Camping in the desert can be a fun experience but it is essential for a family’s survival that you camp safely and responsibly. If you are going to embark on a camping trip, here are some essential survival tips for nomads:
* Get tents that are suitable for both you and your family members. It is important that your tents fit your needs so that no one has to carry extra luggage or items. The most important consideration is to ensure that they can provide protection from extreme weather conditions and from the insects that may be around. Make sure that they are well ventilated as well to avoid having a heat rash.
* Bring food, water and equipment to camp. In order to ensure your comfort, prepare all these things ahead of time. For campers, it would be wise to bring a tent, cooking apparatus, utensils and plates, pots and pans. For your cooking equipment, bring gas lanterns, non-stick cooking pans, fuel, kerosene lanterns, portable stove, brush and towels. It is also wise to carry a first aid kit as well.
* Know how to set up and maintain your tents. This is very important because it will save you much time if you do not get it right. It is also essential to learn how to use tents in case of emergencies. If you have children, teach them how to use tents and other equipment so that they will not get injured while camping. Teach them about emergency tools in case of accidents.
* Do not forget to bring some blankets and pillows. Nomads do not like cold weather. Even though it is warm outside, it is usually chilly inside the tents. Therefore, blankets and pillows will keep you cozy. If you do not want to buy new ones, you can use old blankets. It is better to be safe than sorry.
* Make sure that all tools are in working condition. Bring all your tools together to make sure that they are in good condition. When winter comes, you will definitely need more blankets and warmth. Make sure that they are warm and dry before putting them to use.
* Teach children about emergency tools and how to use them. It is advisable to teach children how to use shovels, axes, and drills. Children should also know how to use fire wood. When a family has emergency situations, having the right tool will be a big help. This way, children will be prepared in case there is an accident.
* It is best to have emergency food bars, water bottle, and food in storage during the times when you will be outdoors. Nomad’s tend to stay outdoors for long periods of time. It is vital to have hot meals and drinks to survive the day. Make sure that you have prepared these items in your tent. You can leave a couple of cans of beverages and snacks in your car, as well as a spare tent mattress.
* If you have spare clothes in your car, you can wash them on the outdoor restroom. Washing these clothes on the restroom will prevent the mildew from growing on them. It will also prolong their life. Once you are done washing your clothes, tie them up into bundles and store them inside your car. This will protect the fresh clothes from the elements.
* Another tip is to buy enough food and supplies for your entire family. If you have members who are vegetarian, consider buying milk products and cereals. These products do not spoil easily. There are stores that provide dried meat products, but make sure that they are fresh and have not been used for a long time.
* When sleeping, consider using a rope, an alarm bell, or any other signal that can give you the headway to warn others that you are in need of help. You should also keep an eye on your children and your livestock. Nomads are often on the move. If you have tents, do not hesitate to use them as a family. You never know when you will be caught in an emergency.