– It will keep your pet from eliminating in the house. This is inevitable. But a crate can help your pet be able to handle this transition. Your pet will get used to having its space in the crate. The crate will also serve as a place where you can leave it for breaks and resting.
– You can set it up just like a small pen. A crate can look just like a pen. When your pet gets in, you can close the door. But if you let your pet out, you can let the door open. This way, your pet will get used to being outside and you don’t have to worry about it eliminating in the house. Just like what they say, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
– It gives you a safe place where your pet can go during inclement weather. If you live in a windy area, a crate is great. You can lock the door and only allow your dog in when it’s warm. You can also close the crate during storms to keep your pet safe from harm.
– It gives your pet the opportunity to get outside. Most dogs don’t like being indoors all day long. This will help keep your indoor pets away from fleas or ticks. It’ll also allow them to get exercise. Training your dog to go into his crate on a weekly basis will help with the recall behavior when you get him home.
– Your dog will be happier inside the crate. They are used to being alone. With the enclosed space, they will be used to being alone in the house. The more time they spend inside the crate, the more comfortable they will be about being home.
– You will save money. Since you are crate-ready, you don’t have to buy crates for the next month or so. The last thing you need is a whole new mess to clean up. You can also use the same crate throughout the year, if you wish. You can get the same quality for less money, too.
So there is no reason to not start crate training your puppy as soon as possible. You will be saving money and teaching your dog that he is in his own safe place. Dogs are smart animals. As long as they know their boundaries, you will have a much happier house filled with only affectionate and content dogs. Your house will be ready when you get home.