There are many ways in which you can prepare and cook your meals without using any kind of harmful chemicals. The best way to go is to use natural ingredients that are either fresh or ones that you already have in your home. It is the safest way to be able to provide for yourself and your family. This means not having to use pesticides and other harsh chemicals that might harm you and the people who eat your food. Here are some of the best Eco-Friendly Kitchen Survival Tips that you should be following:
– Learn to cook and eat with nature in mind. You may not think that you could be eating your dinner on a table made out of stainless steel, but you will be surprised at just how easy it is to do so. The use of natural materials in your kitchen and the use of fresh ingredients make everything that much better. There is a whole lot of enjoyment involved in trying to create dishes that are healthy and good for the earth and for your family, too.
– Turn off your kitchen faucet and use only filtered water. There are so many contaminants in our tap water, that it is literally poisoning us every day. Not only is it causing us harm physically by absorbing toxins into our systems, but the longer we go untreated for these toxins, the more it will do us. A lot of water goes into your body through the water that we drink and the water that we bathe with. Make sure that all of the water that you are using is filtered and purified and has no impurities in it.
– Try to use all natural and organic products whenever possible. Even if a product is labeled as “natural” that doesn’t mean that it is completely safe. Many synthetic materials and chemicals are going into the making of some of the better and cheaper synthetic products. The better and cheaper products are usually made with natural products that are just as good and just as useful.
– Check out the packaging of the food that you buy. Are there any ingredients that are listed that you are unsure of? Look for the words “bleached,” “enriched,” “grade B,” and other similar certifications. These are safer ingredients and they can actually help to keep people healthier and prevent them from becoming sick more often. Even with supplements or multivitamins, it’s always good to double check the types of vitamins and minerals that you are buying.
– Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, and less processed foods. If you’re not eating as much packaged foods, you’ll find that you have more energy and that you feel better. This is because you’ll be having a higher nutritional intake that is much better for your body.
– Eat more whole grains and lean proteins. Both of these foods have more fiber and nutrients in them, which helps to reduce your cholesterol and keep your blood sugar in check. Lean proteins include fish, chicken, and egg whites. Whole grains include oats, brown rice, and certain nuts, like almonds. Eat plenty of vegetables, which are high in fiber as well as protein. Use olive oil whenever possible to cook with, and don’t forget to add nuts and fresh herbs to your diet.
– Don’t rely on store-bought items to buy most of your groceries. When you go out shopping, bring home items that you know you like, which are rich in fiber and nutrient content. Then, use these same foods to prepare meals at home, as it will be a lot less expensive and you can eat them more often than if you were to buy canned or packaged foods.